When you uninstall games from Steam, then the games will not get removed permanently from the Steam account. Whatever games you buy on Steam will show in your account for life, so you need to select which game you want to download on your device. In case you want to empty your device storage, then follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall games from Steam.
Steps to Uninstall Games from Steam
• Open the Steam client.
• Sign in to the Steam account by entering the email ID and a registered password.
• Press on the Library option given in the upper location menu.
• Find and right-click on a game which you wish to uninstall from the library.
• Now, it will launch the pull-down menu.
• Press on the Uninstall option by going to the pull-down list.
• Now, you will get the verification menu to uninstall games from Steam.
• Steam will ask you if you really want to uninstall the game.
• Press on the Delete option after completing all the steps mentioned above.
Steps to Uninstall Games from Steam Using Windows Apps and Features
• Enter Apps and Features in the search bar.
• After that, press on Add or Remove Programs by going to the menu list.
• Now, you need to right-click on the Start symbol located at the end left-hand side of the display.
• Press on the Settings tab by going to the menu list.
• Press on the Apps option.
• Now, you have to left-click on the Start symbol.
• After that, press on the Settings symbol.
• Press on the Apps option.
• Ensure that Apps and Features is an option which you have chosen on the left-hand side.
• From the menu given on the right-hand side, go to search for the game which you want to uninstall.
• You need to left-click on the game to enlarge the window.
• Press on the Uninstall option for starting the uninstalling process of games from Steam.
• Now, sign in to the Steam account by entering the registered email ID and password.
• Press on the Delete option to complete the uninstalling process.
Steps to Uninstall Games from Steamapps Folder
• Go to the installation folder of the Steam.
• You will find the installation folder on the C: Program Files (x86)Steam.
• After finding the Stream folder, search and go to the Steamapps folder.
• Now, you will get the menu list of all the games which you have recently installed.
• Search for the game which you wish to uninstall from Steam.
• Now you need to left-click on the folder to highlight it.
• Click on the Delete button given on the system keyboard.
• Select to right-click on that folder.
• Choose the Delete option by going to the options menu list.
Davis Johnson is a self-professed security expert; she has been making the people aware of the security threats. Her passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. She writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.